Last Updated on
2 Stroke oil is a special type of motor oil that can be used in crankcase compression two-stroke engines. A 2 stroke engine is an internal combustion engine whose thermodynamic cycle is completed in two pumps of the piston. This gives it a distinctive sputtering sound. These lightweight engines crankcases are not closed, they are part of the induction tract and in order to keep them, lubricated oil has to be mixed with the regular gasoline. This combination of gas and oil in the induction tract causes exhaust that has a blue tint to it and a very oily scent.
- Two cycle engines come in two different types. First is the water-cooled two cycle engine, exemplified in most outboard motors.
- These engines have a high output demand. They are usually set at a high speed which is maintained for extended periods of time and they have a continual flow of water passing through them to cool them.
- Air cooled two-cycled engines, such as weed whackers,chainsaws and hedge trimmers have a much different operation life.
- They are constantly being started and stopped and different demands on engine output are being made depending on the item, the saw or other tool is being used on.
- In order for a two cycle engine to run properly, the gas has to be combined with oil for lubrication. Common sense would say that any sort of lubricating oil would work, but there is a problem.
- Regular lubricating oil has a high ash content, which can become a serious problem when it is burned in the engine’s combustion chamber.
- Two stroke oil has lower ash content so it will not build up as much of a deposit. Comparing regular lubricating oil with two stroke oil, the relevant difference is that two stroke oil must have much lower ash content.
- This is required to minimize deposits that tend to form if ash is present in the oil which is burned in the engine’s combustion chamber. But not all two cycle oils are created equal. The kind of two cycle oil you choose will depend primarily on the kind of two-cycle engine you are using.
- There are 3 kinds of two cycle oils. One kind is formulated specifically for water-cooled two-cycle engines. A second kind is formulated for air-cooled two-cycle engines. The third is supposed to be multi-purpose, that is, usable in either air or water cooled engines.
- Always remember that if you switch oils, you should completely drain the old oil before adding the new oil due to the differences in consistency and formulation.
- 2 stroke oil comes with an expensive price, making it hard for people to buy one.
Our 2 stroke oil offers
Here you can find few oils we select for you.
Specially formulated for high-performance air cooled two stroke engines i.e. chainsaws, brush cutters and other horticultural equipment. Suitable for use with leaded and unleaded fuel.
Specially formulated, Protects, Lubricates, Promotes long life, Use with all 2 stroke engines
The product is specially designed for the use in hedge trimmers, lawn mowers, chain saws and other garden machineries.It is suitable for use in premix and oil injection systems with both leaded and unleaded petrol and for fuel oil mixture ratios, as recommended by the engine manufacturer
Selecting the correct two cycle oil for the type of engine you are using can significantly improve the performance of your engine. If you want to know and learn about 2 stroke oil, the best thing you can do is to conduct your own research for browse the internet. By doing this, you can be sure that you can easily pick the right type of 2 stroke oil for your engine.