Last Updated on
Hedge trimmers are great for maintaining your hedge and keeping your lawn’s aesthetics under check. You need to go for a good-quality hedge trimmer that is versatile to make cuts with different angles.
The Terratek corded pole hedge trimmer is a good option for you because it comes with the features you need to look for in a quality hedge trimmer. It has a pivot table head and an extendable arm to provide you a good reach, and as it is a corded model, you will not run out of power until you are done with your job.
- LONG REACH: This fantastic telescopic hedge trimmer is ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs thanks to the extendable pole providing you with a total extension of 2.75m from handle to head. Also allows you to trim low hedges without having to bend down and strain your back. The Hedge Trimmer electric cuts branches up to 16mm in thickness.
- POWERFUL HIGH PERFORMANCE: At 550W the Electric Hedge Trimmer fantastic for a range of trimming tasks around your garden and outdoors. Lightweight design with new soft grip rubber handles gives complete mobility and comfortable operation. Due to the powerful 550W motor providing you with smooth continuous use. (A great alternative to petrol hedge trimmers).
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEAD: A 120° 4 position pivoting head allows for the easy trimming at the top or bottom of hedges. Weighing at just over 3.5Kg, the lightweight design makes it ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs. Dual action 45cm hardened steel blades with aluminium blade support. The Hedge Cutter Electric comes with a 2 stage safety switch to protect you while using the long reach hedge trimmers.
- EASY SAFE OPERATION: This Long Reach Corded Hedge Trimmer is nice and simple to operate, featuring a one-handed power trigger and safety switch which prevents accidental starting. Electrical Cable 10m. PLUG IN AND GO: Due to the garden tool coming complete with a 10m electric cable with a UK 3 pin plug you can start to trim your bush straight away.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: We offer a 24 month guarantee
Terratek Corded Pole Hedge Trimmer Pros
- Its head can pivot in four different positions.
- Comes with a 10-meter cable.
- It features a 45cm blade for a convenient cutting width for smaller-sized lawns.
- Its extendable arm is handy for reaching out to those inaccessible areas.
- Features a 550W motor that can handle a variety of cutting jobs.
- Its head has only 4 pivotable positions.
Things to Consider When Buying a Hedge Trimmer
There are various features you need to consider when buying a good-quality hedge trimmer. In this brief guide, we have highlighted them all for your convenience.
Cordless vs. Corded models
The first decision you will have to make is either choosing a corded model or a cordless one. Corded models are limited up to the length of their cables, but they are drawing direct power from the outlet, so they are far more capable of handling various cutting jobs.
The cordless ones are versatile because you can go anywhere with them and can cut anything from any angle without any issues. As long as you have a spare battery charged, you can carry on with your job. But when you run out of juice, there is a long waiting time for the charging to get full.
Another vital feature to consider here is the cutting width. This feature relies heavily on two major factors. One of them is the blade teeth gap, and the other one is the blade length. The teeth gap is going to be wider when the blade width is wider.
Wider blades can cut more effectively, and for that reason, they are good at trimming large hedges with thicker twigs. With narrower blades, the tool is more suitable for cutting smaller hedges more effectively.
Blades that are up to 46cm in width are great for smaller hedges. The blades that are wider than 56cm are great for larger hedges. While the inbetweeners are better suited for mid-sized hedges.
Make sure your pole hedge trimmer comes with some safety features. Modern-day hedge trimmers come with different safety features like blade tip protectors, clipping collectors, rounded handles, and so much more. You need two of them for sure, and the rest depends upon your personal preferences.
One is an automatic brake that will allow you to prevent any accidents and keep your blade safe from hitting hard objects. And the other one is a hand protector shield that will keep your hand safe from the blade and prevent the clipping from sticking onto your hand and clothes.
Pivotable head and extendable arm
Go for a model with a pivot-table head and an extendable arm for cutting longer and taller hedges. With the pivoting head, you can cut at different angles while you can conveniently increase your cutting reach with an extendable arm.
When You Should Buy the Terratek Corded Pole Hedge Trimmer
You need to go for the Teratek corded pole hedge trimmer if you are looking for a corded hedge trimmer. In such a scenario, you will have a power outlet next to you to conveniently plug your trimmer in and get to work.
This electric hedge trimmer comes with a 10-meter cable. It means that you can use it in a small-sized hedge where an outlet is easily accessible from all corners. Otherwise, you will have to go for an extension.
You should consider this hedge trimmer if you are looking for power. If you want to go for a decent cutting power with high accuracy, you should consider a hedge trimmer with a high-powered motor like the Terratek hedge trimmer.
Things to Know About Terratek 550W Corded Pole Hedge Trimmer
How many pivoting positions are there on the head of this hedge trimmer?
What size motor does this hedge trimmer have in it, and what’s its overall weight?
This hedge trimmer features a 550W motor that is great for handling a variety of hedge cutting jobs. And with it, the total weight of the tool is around 7.5 lbs.
Does it come with any warranty?
Yes, it does come with a warranty of 2 years. The warranty covers all the parts and components for their materials and craftsmanship.
Final Thoughts & Review Conclusion
There is a serious debate that goes when it comes to deciding between corded and cordless models. Corded models are better when it comes to power, and they are lightweight. However, they are not great because you’re limited up to the length of the cable.
On the other hand, cordless models are great because they offer maneuverability, but they lack power. That is why the Terratek corded hedge trimmer comes with a 550W motor, and it can cut anything with high precision and effectiveness. This model also comes with a pivoting head and an extendable arm to make sure that you can make those cuts according to your preferences.