Last Updated on
Our mission at Best Hedge Trimmer Reviews is to help you buy the best hedge cutter for you. Everyone dreams of a happy life in a cozy home. In order to feel great in your house, aside from the interior decisions, it is vital to have a well groomed yard. Arguably the most important element for a garden, are of course, the plants. Maintaining them though, may prove to be challenging and time consuming. Have no fear, best hedge trimmer reviews is here to help!
But in this vast variety, how do we choose the best hedge trimmer on the market for our needs? What type do we need? Petrol or Electric hedge trimmer? Or do we need a cordless one, before anything else? The choice of manufacturers is quite confusing as well. On the market, there are products by renowned brands as Black & Decker, Bosch, Einhell and many more. This is the reason we have tried to put together all of this information in one place. Our goal is to simplify your life and ease you when choosing the best hedge cutter.
Here are hedge trimmer reviews for the four main types:
In addition to the aforementioned hedge trimmers, we are also pay attention to:
- Best Petrol Strimmers (Petrol Grass Trimmers)
- Electric Lawn Mowers
- Best Lawn Scarifiers & Aerators
- Garden Shredders & Chippers
- Best Petrol Leaf Blowers (On the UK Market)
10 Best Hedge Trimmers on The Market
- Lightweight at 2.5 kg, ergonomic design
- Powerful 420 W Bosch motor
- Ergonomic design with soft-grip handle
- Diamond ground blades for a clean, precise cut
- Complete with protective blade cover when not in use
- The cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 LI - for mobile and speedy hedge cutting
- Sawing function: Special teeth on the front of the blade effortlessly cut through branches up to 25 mm in diameter
- Blade guard for cutting along walls and paths, Maximum sqm per battery charge: 200 sqm
- Power for All: One battery pack and one charger for the entire Home and Garden range of tools
- Items included: AHS 50-20 LI, 1 battery pack PBA 18 V 2.5 Ah W-B, AL 1830 CV charger, cardboard box
- ONE BATTERY FITS ALL! Fully Compatible with all other products in the VonHaus 20V Max. Lithium-ion G Range - Hedge Trimmer, Telescopic Hedge Trimmer, Grass Trimmer & Leaf Blower
- Powerful 20V Max. Pole Trimmer with 45cm dual-action laser cut blades for fast cutting action: effortlessly cuts through branches and twigs up to 14mm thick
- Multi-angle head can be set to positions across a -45 - 90° spectrum for precise horizontal and vertical cutting. Telescopic pole extends to 2.44m. Trimmer weighs 3.8kg
- Two-stage safety trigger to prevent accidental operation and hand protector shield for safe use. Features a soft grip handle and shoulder strap for comfortable use
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- Easicut 460 has a knife length of 45 cm and a cutting gap of 16 mm
- Easicut 460 has powerful 450 W rating , teeth opening - 19 mm
- Handle is designed for easy and comfortable trimming of hedges and bushes
- Item Weight: 3.74 Kg
- Powerful 450W motor
- POWER – This VonHaus Hedge Trimmer is powerful, compact and lightweight, powered by a 12V Max. 2.0Ah Li-ion battery.
- DUAL BLADES - With a 45cm dual action laser cut blade that operates at 1,400rpm for fast cutting action. This trimmer is ideal for precision and efficient cutting of small bushes, branches and twigs of up to 14mm thick, perfect for small gardens that need neatening up.
- LIGHT WEIGHT - Ergonomically designed with a soft grip handle for ease of use and light in weight, the trimmer offers superior comfort and can be used for prolonged periods of use.
- EFFICIENT AND SAFE - Short 1hr 10m charging time and features a two-trigger safety switch on the front handle and a switch on the rear handle to prevent accidental operation, as well as a hand protecting shield for safe use.
- BATTERY AND CHARGER INCLUDED - Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included.
- Safety blades made of laser-cut and diamond cut steel
- Low weight and soft grip for comfortable handling
- 16 mm teeth spacing
- Metal gearing for durable perfomance
- Cable strain-relief clip
- Lightweight ergonomic design with soft-grip handle for easy operation and comfortable to use
- Powerful 450 W Bosch motor
- Diamond ground blades for a clean precise cut
- Comes complete with a protective blade cover
- 2 years parts and labour guarantee
- LONG REACH: Our Wolf Creek high performance Electric Hedge trimmer has a high pole length of up to 1.85m, 466mm Cutting length and 500mm Blade Length. Makes trimming tall hedges a much safer and easier job - as no need to use ladder!
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: The Wolf Creek HT50 has a powerful 500 Watt motor which allows you to cut hedges with ease.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: This years new lightweight model only weighs 3.5kg! The weight of the trimmer means it is easy to move and reach awkwardly sighted hedges.
- ADJUSTABLE HEAD: The telescopic pole allows the operator to extend and lock the shaft into position at a maximum length of 1.85m! This hedge trimmer also features a 150 degree articulating head allowing for easy trimming at the top of head. 12 month Guarantee!
- LONG REACH: This fantastic telescopic hedge trimmer is ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs thanks to the extendable pole providing you with a total extension of 2.75m from handle to head. Also allows you to trim low hedges without having to bend down and strain your back. The Hedge Trimmer electric cuts branches up to 16mm in thickness.
- POWERFUL HIGH PERFORMANCE: At 550W the Electric Hedge Trimmer fantastic for a range of trimming tasks around your garden and outdoors. Lightweight design with new soft grip rubber handles gives complete mobility and comfortable operation. Due to the powerful 550W motor providing you with smooth continuous use. (A great alternative to petrol hedge trimmers).
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEAD: A 120° 4 position pivoting head allows for the easy trimming at the top or bottom of hedges. Weighing at just over 3.5Kg, the lightweight design makes it ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs. Dual action 45cm hardened steel blades with aluminium blade support. The Hedge Cutter Electric comes with a 2 stage safety switch to protect you while using the long reach hedge trimmers.
- EASY SAFE OPERATION: This Long Reach Corded Hedge Trimmer is nice and simple to operate, featuring a one-handed power trigger and safety switch which prevents accidental starting. Electrical Cable 10m. PLUG IN AND GO: Due to the garden tool coming complete with a 10m electric cable with a UK 3 pin plug you can start to trim your bush straight away.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: We offer a 24 month guarantee on our Terratek Electric Corded Hedge Cutter for your added peace of mind. If you feel you would prefer a cordless hedge trimmer please see our other Hedge Cutter listing type the following in the Amazon search bar - B079SG2DXR.
- 【Powerful Cutting Performance】---600W electric hedge trimmer with a double-acting blade of 510mm length delivers high performance and can easily cut twigs and branches up to 16mm.
- 【Dual-action Blade】---sharpest cut blades can cut up to 16mm branches ，dual-action system, diamond ground blades，it gets more branches cut, saving you plenty of time.
- 【Security System】--- The dual safety start button makes the two-hand operation safer. Its motor becomes activated only when the top handle and switch are both engaged, hand protector shield for safe use.
- 【Humanized Design】---The ergonomic rotating rear handle offers ease of use in multiple positions. Rubber grip makes the grip more comfortable, thus relieves fatigue during the work.
- 【Convenience operation】---lightweight design makes it more suitable for sustained cutting; 10m cable, Special cable retention can prevent accidental disconnection and separation of the cable during work.
- Easily cuts through hedges and branches
- 45cm diamond ground blades for clean cutting
- Capable of cutting large branches with 18mm blade gap
- 115 degrees articulating cutting head with 4 positions for versatile trimming
- Removable extension shaft for full length of 2.9m for extended reach tasks
- Compact and lightweight design
- 55 cm dual-action, laser-cut blades with 19 mm cutting gap
- Extended runtime
- Wrap around handle for additional security
- Industrial durability and impact resistance
- Utilises a powerful, lightweight integrated battery of 14.4 V with a run time of 60 minutes so you can tackle your hedges with ease
- Features blades that deliver a premium cutting performance with a cutting speed of 2400(c/m)
- Has a 40 cm blade width and 16 mm blade gap ensures a neat and tidy finish to your hedges
- Light in weight at 2.1 kg for user comfort - ensuring you can trim all your garden hedges in comfort
- Cover the garden without the restriction of a power cord, for greater freedom and flexibility
- 500W CORDED HEDGE TRIMMER: This NETTA 500W Corded Hedge Trimmer is the ideal tool for getting your garden into shape. Boasting a blade working length of 41cm and 16mm tooth openings, this hedge trimmer is ideal for tackling small to medium bushes.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND POWERFUL: The 500W motor will provide you with enough power to take on the overgrown bushes and hedges in your garden and the diamond ground blade ensures a neat and clean cut. Weighing just 2.4kg, this handy tool is easy to move around your garden as needed
- SAFE TO USE: This hedge trimmer comes with a two-way safety switch and a hand protective guard to ensure your safety whilst operating. The 6m power cable will give you enough freedom to move around your garden and will reduce the need for overstretching.
- DIMENSIONS: Assembled Size: 74cm x 11cm x 18cm | Carton Size: 75cm x 12cm x 20cm | Carton Weight: 3.5kg
- WARRANTY: We aim to give the best customer service possible. In the unlikely event that this product is at fault, do not worry, as we have you covered with our 365-day warranty. This gives you peace of mind when purchasing a product from us.
- ☘【Rotatable Grip Handle】 - With the motor shell made from hard-wearing, durable materials in our eye-catching orange and black finish, the innovative adjustable trimmer can be turned in 4 horizontal positions ranging from -90° to +90°
- ☘【Powerful and Light-weight】- This impressive 600W AC Hedge Trimmer features a 55 cm cutting blade measuring 62 cm, with teeth spacing of 20mm for a superior performance, a weight of only 3.3kg –effortlessly cut through hedges, shrubberies and some grass coverings
- ☘【Ergonomic Design】 - The ergonomic D-shaped auxiliary and three-sided rubber coated handle make your grip better in multiple dimensions, easy to start and well balanced. Comfortable grip allows you to trim for a long time without soreness
- ☘【Other Convenient Designs】 - Equipped with blade cover and cable holder, it can be neatly stored when not in use. Translucent safety guard, aluminum shaft reinforcement and blade tip protector provide you with the greatest convenience
- ☘【WARRANTY】 - Quality and customer satisfaction have always been at the core of our brand. In the unlikely event that this product is at fault, do not worry, as we have you covered with our 2 years warranty. Please rest assured to buy products from us
It might seem obvious, but the first place to start after reading our hedge trimmer reviews is your garden. Look at your hedge and see how tall it is. How thick are the hedge and branches ?It is an important factor when you choose the best hedge trimmer.
Petrol hedge trimmers are great for the bigger jobs and more frequent use. They don’t have cables and are ideal for large hedges and gardens. Petrol hedge trimmers are good for areas where an electric cable just can’t reach. They are more powerful than their electric-powered equivalents, enabling you to achieve a faster work rate. In other hand they tend to be heavy. It could be tiring to use for long periods. Petrol hedge trimmers are noisy and are creating exhaust fumes.
Electric hedge cutters are very popular choice in the UK, and there is a wide range available. They tend to be lighter, easier to use, and you just need to check the cable extension is long enough to reach.
Battery powered or cordless hedge trimmers combine two key advantages. First is the the benefit of no cable, and second the convenience to not handle any petrol. If you’re interested in a battery powered hedge cutter, it’s worth considering one with a battery pack. The pack can be worn across the body and that reduces the handling weight of the trimmer.
Hedge Trimmer Reviews – Key Factors
One problem you might face is how to cut the top of the hedge. This often means you might have to use a ladder to reach it. To overcome this challenge, look for a trimmer that has a flip-top cutting head and the telescopic pole for extended reach. That will save you a lot of time and a lot of effort.
Once you have decided on the type of power, another important thing when choosing the best hedge trimmer is the blade. There are three key points here:
The first is the length of the blade. Longer blades cut quickly and evenly and are better suited if you’ve got a lot of hedges. They also give you the ability to reach further, trimming higher hedges. The length of a blades can vary from 35cm up to 65cm.
Hedge Trimmer Blade Lenght
|Hedge Trimmer Blade Size||Description|
|16 Inches or Less||These blades work well for small to medium hedges.|
|18 Inches||These blades work well for medium to large hedges.|
|20 Inches or More||These blades work well for large hedges or properties with extensive shrubbery|
Here at hedge trimmer reviews, we point that another key factor is the spacing between the teeth on the blade. This affects the size of the branch you can cut. So trimmers with a wider gap, can cut through thick branches where those with narrower gap are better suited for hedges that are regularly trimmed. Wider teeth also mean larger motor is needed. Most have a fairly restricted width of up to 20 mm between teeth, which is fine for an annual trim of a typical garden hedge.
Hedge Trimmer Blade Review
Finally you need to consider the quality of the blade. Some blades a standard metal, but the best trimmers have blades that are precision cut with a laser and ground for increased sharpness. So remember – the better the blade the cleaner the cut.
There are two type of blades movement: single and double action blades. Both have a pair of blades but on the double-action models both blades move – in opposite directions to each other. On single-action hedge trimmers one of the blades is stationary while the other moves. Don’t confuse single-action with single-sided. Single-sided means only one side of the blade has teeth. Double-action blades tend to be more effective. The blades are moving in opposite directions so they cancel out most of each other’s vibration. This is a major concern if you’re using it for an extended length of time.
Best Hedge Trimmer Reviews and Advices
There are a number feature to look for that will make cutting hedge easier. When buying a hedge trimmer it does help if you can pick it up, and actually get a feel for it because, they vary in weight and balance. It’s important because most of the process of trimming is in a vertical position. A cutter with multiple positions will allow you to work in the most comfortable position for you. Also consider one with easy reach handles to reach higher without the need of a ladder.
Our experts at Hedge Trimmer Reviews warn than safety is very important when working with power tools. Always read the user manual and wear appropriate safety equipment, like gloves and safety goggles. Hand guard prevents your fingers coming anywhere near the teeth when you’re using the hedge trimmer. A translucent one allows a clear view of the full length of the blade. A blade sheath protects the blade, and your fingers (the cutting teeth are extremely sharp), when carrying or storing the machine. It’s also worth considering a hedge trimmer with the spiral safety cable, and a belt clip to to keep things out of the way.