Our mission at Best Hedge Trimmer Reviews is to help you buy the best hedge cutter for you. Everyone dreams of a happy life in a cozy home. In order to feel great in your house, aside from the interior decisions, it is vital to have a well groomed yard. Arguably the most important element for a garden, are of course, the plants. Maintaining them though, may prove to be challenging and time consuming. Have no fear, best hedge trimmer reviews is here to help!
But in this vast variety, how do we choose the best hedge trimmer on the market for our needs? What type do we need? Petrol or Electric hedge trimmer? Or do we need a cordless one, before anything else? The choice of manufacturers is quite confusing as well. On the market, there are products by renowned brands as Black & Decker, Bosch, Einhell and many more. This is the reason we have tried to put together all of this information in one place. Our goal is to simplify your life and ease you when choosing the best hedge cutter.
Here are hedge trimmer reviews for the four main types:
In addition to the aforementioned hedge trimmers, we are also pay attention to:
- Best Petrol Strimmers (Petrol Grass Trimmers)
- Electric Lawn Mowers
- Best Lawn Scarifiers & Aerators
- Garden Shredders & Chippers
10 Best Hedge Trimmers on The Market
- Lightweight at 2.5 kg, ergonomic design
- Powerful 420 W Bosch motor
- Ergonomic design with soft-grip handle
- Diamond ground blades for a clean, precise cut
- Complete with protective blade cover when not in use
- The cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 LI - for mobile and speedy hedge cutting
- Sawing function: Special teeth on the front of the blade effortlessly cut through branches up to 25 mm in diameter
- Blade guard for cutting along walls and paths
- Power for All: One battery pack and one charger for the entire Home and Garden range of tools
- Items included: AHS 50-20 LI, 1 battery pack PBA 18 V 2.5 Ah W-B, AL 1830 CV charger, cardboard box
- Utilises a powerful, lightweight integrated battery of 14.4 V with a run time of 60 minutes so you can tackle your hedges with ease
- Features blades that deliver a premium cutting performance with a cutting speed of 2400(c/m)
- Has a 40 cm blade width and 16 mm blade gap ensures a neat and tidy finish to your hedges
- Light in weight at 2.1 kg for user comfort - ensuring you can trim all your garden hedges in comfort
- Cover the garden without the restriction of a power cord, for greater freedom and flexibility
- Cordless freedom: lightweight and cable-free, ideal for maintaining smaller hedges.
- Continuous cutting: ‘anti-blocking system’ delivers uninterrupted cutting performance.
- Always ready to use: interchangeable 12 V lithium-ion battery retains its charge so is ready whenever you need it. Battery charge time : 65 mins
- Powerful 700 W high-performance motor for powerful cutting
- High-torque (50 Nm) slipping clutch for effective cutting performance
- Softgrip on the rear handle and improved front handle with optimum weight distribution
- Laser-cut, diamond-ground blades for a clean, definite cut
- Blade tip protector for cutting along walls and paths
- Optimal Balance and Ergonomics - Designed for enhanced comfort and control.
- Diamond-ground Blades - 450 mm long with 15 mm tooth opening
- Lightweight - Minimise strain on the arms and back whilst working at only 2.3 kg
- Anti-Blocking System - To allow powerful and continuous cutting, where other hedgecutters stop working
- 18 V Lithium-ion battery - No self discharge or memory effect
- ToolTronix 20V Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer is manufactured to an incredibly high standard and is safe, lightweight, ergonomic and easy to use without the hassle of carrying the cables.
- Its 510mm long double action precision blades with hardened and anti-corrosion protected will ease the cutting of small and medium sized hedges. Strong metal gears guarantee maximum performance and longevity. The Hedge Trimmer also comes with 20V 1500mAh battery for added convenience.
- Built with safety in mind, the Hedge Trimmer is equipped with an electric brake and built in shock protection, which prevents kickback should the blades come into contact with obstacles such as walls and fences. The two-handed safety switches prevent accidental start-up and mean the appliance will stop immediately if either switch is released.
- A built-in hand guard protects the user from the blades at all times, and a plastic blade guard is included to allow the Hedge Trimmer to be safely stored. This compact tool is safe and easy to use - just position, grip and go for it, and with a little practice your hedges will be the envy of all your neighbours
- Features: 20V 1500mAh Battery and Charger included - DC Voltage 20V - BatteryLithium 1500mAh - No load speed 1400rpm - Blade length 510mm - Dual action safety knives - Dual safety switch: Brake/electronic
- 1350 strokes per minute
- 15 mm cutting diameter
- Rubberised soft grip provides comfortable and sure grip, stain-free shear blade surface of glittering silver obtained by non-electrolyzed nickel plating
- Anti-vibration structure; five cushions to absorb vibration from blade and motor-crank section
- User-replaceable blade: The blade can be removed without disassembling housing
- Powerful 600W hedge trimmer with dual action 45cm precision blades for fast cutting action: effortlessly cuts through branches and twigs up to 20mm thick. Includes an adjustable and removable telescopic pole that extends up to 2.8m
- Distinctive with a grey, black & orange colourways, the trimmer offers 6 angle head adjustment positions for precise horizontal and vertical cutting
- Ergonomically designed – weight: 5.2Kg. Ensuring good balance and a safe working position is key to comfortable operation. Adjust the pole length and use the auxiliary handle & shoulder strap for added support. For further information please refer to your instruction manual.
- Features a two-stage safety trigger to prevent accidental operation and a hand protector shield. Blade cover and cable holder for neat storage when not in use. Size: L108 X W17 X H32cm
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- ONE BATTERY FITS ALL! Fully Compatible with all other products in the VonHaus 20V Max. Lithium-ion G Range - Hedge Trimmer, Telescopic Hedge Trimmer, Grass Trimmer & Leaf Blower
- Powerful 20V Max. Pole Trimmer with 45cm dual-action laser cut blades for fast cutting action: effortlessly cuts through branches and twigs up to 14mm thick
- Multi-angle head can be set to positions across a -45 - 90° spectrum for precise horizontal and vertical cutting. Telescopic pole extends to 2.44m. Trimmer weighs 3.8kg
- Two-stage safety trigger to prevent accidental operation and hand protector shield for safe use. Features a soft grip handle and shoulder strap for comfortable use
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- The Universal tools from Bosch, versatile and strong with intelligent solutions for bigger projects
- Ideal for tall and wide hedges
- Work without interruption and achieve clean cuts thanks to the electronic anti-blocking system
- Power for all: One battery pack and one charger for the entire home and garden range of tools
- Items included: UniversalHedgePole 18, 1 battery, AL 1830 CV charger, cardboard box
- LONG REACH: This fantastic telescopic hedge trimmer is ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs thanks to the extendable pole providing you with a total extension of 2.75m from handle to head. Also allows you to trim low hedges without having to bend down and strain your back. The Hedge Trimmer electric cuts branches up to 16mm in thickness.
- POWERFUL HIGH PERFORMANCE: At 550W the Electric Hedge Trimmer fantastic for a range of trimming tasks around your garden and outdoors. Lightweight design with new soft grip rubber handles gives complete mobility and comfortable operation. Due to the powerful 550W motor providing you with smooth continuous use. (A great alternative to petrol hedge trimmers).
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEAD: A 120° 4 position pivoting head allows for the easy trimming at the top or bottom of hedges. Weighing at just over 3.5Kg, the lightweight design makes it ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs. Dual action 45cm hardened steel blades with aluminium blade support. The Hedge Cutter Electric comes with a 2 stage safety switch to protect you while using the long reach hedge trimmers.
- EASY SAFE OPERATION: This Long Reach Corded Hedge Trimmer is nice and simple to operate, featuring a one-handed power trigger and safety switch which prevents accidental starting. Electrical Cable 10m. PLUG IN AND GO: Due to the garden tool coming complete with a 10m electric cable with a UK 3 pin plug you can start to trim your bush straight away.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: We offer a 24 month guarantee on our Terratek Electric Corded Hedge Cutter for your added peace of mind. If you feel you would prefer a cordless hedge trimmer please see our other Hedge Cutter listing type the following in the Amazon search bar - B079SG2DXR.
- Lightweight ergonomic design with soft-grip handle for easy operation and comfortable to use
- Powerful 450 W Bosch motor
- Diamond ground blades for a clean precise cut
- Comes complete with a protective blade cover
- 2 years parts and labour guarantee
- Powerful 420W motor
- 45cm dual action asymmetric steel blades
- 16mm max cut capacity
- Lightweight, compact & ergonomic design
- Bale handle for improved comfort & control
- 550W POLE HEDGE TRIMMER: This NETTA 550W Pole Hedge Trimmer is the ideal solution for tackling the overgrown bushes and hedges in your garden. Boasting a 2.7m reach and a 135° adjustable head, you will find using this tool effortless, no matter if using horizontally or vertically.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT: Weighing just 3.7kg, this hedge trimmer gives you the freedom to easily move around your garden. This is also aided with the 10m power cable. The 45cm blade has a cutting capacity of 16mm meaning you can easily tackle the small to medium branches in your garden.
- POWERFUL: The powerful 550W motor will provide you with more than enough power to tackle your garden. The blades are constructed from laser-cut and diamond-ground steel to ensure a clean cut and the soft-grip auxiliary handle provides extra comfort, balance and safety.
- DIMENSIONS: 270cm (extended) or 220cm (not extended) x 17cm x 18cm | WEIGHT: 3.7kg.
- WARRANTY: We aim to give the best customer service possible. In the unlikely event that this product is at fault, do not worry, as we have you covered with our 365-day warranty. This gives you peace of mind when purchasing a product from us.
It might seem obvious, but the first place to start after reading our hedge trimmer reviews is your garden. Look at your hedge and see how tall it is. How thick are the hedge and branches ?It is an important factor when you choose the best hedge trimmer.
Petrol hedge trimmers are great for the bigger jobs and more frequent use. They don’t have cables and are ideal for large hedges and gardens. Petrol hedge trimmers are good for areas where an electric cable just can’t reach. They are more powerful than their electric-powered equivalents, enabling you to achieve a faster work rate. In other hand they tend to be heavy. It could be tiring to use for long periods. Petrol hedge trimmers are noisy and are creating exhaust fumes.
Electric hedge cutters are very popular choice in the UK, and there is a wide range available. They tend to be lighter, easier to use, and you just need to check the cable extension is long enough to reach.
Battery powered or cordless hedge trimmers combine two key advantages. First is the the benefit of no cable, and second the convenience to not handle any petrol. If you’re interested in a battery powered hedge cutter, it’s worth considering one with a battery pack. The pack can be worn across the body and that reduces the handling weight of the trimmer.
Hedge Trimmer Reviews – Key Factors
One problem you might face is how to cut the top of the hedge. This often means you might have to use a ladder to reach it. To overcome this challenge, look for a trimmer that has a flip-top cutting head and the telescopic pole for extended reach. That will save you a lot of time and a lot of effort.
Once you have decided on the type of power, another important thing when choosing the best hedge trimmer is the blade. There are three key points here:
The first is the length of the blade. Longer blades cut quickly and evenly and are better suited if you’ve got a lot of hedges. They also give you the ability to reach further, trimming higher hedges. The length of a blades can vary from 35cm up to 65cm.
Hedge Trimmer Blade Lenght
|Hedge Trimmer Blade Size||Description|
|16 Inches or Less||These blades work well for small to medium hedges.|
|18 Inches||These blades work well for medium to large hedges.|
|20 Inches or More||These blades work well for large hedges or properties with extensive shrubbery|
Here at hedge trimmer reviews, we point that another key factor is the spacing between the teeth on the blade. This affects the size of the branch you can cut. So trimmers with a wider gap, can cut through thick branches where those with narrower gap are better suited for hedges that are regularly trimmed. Wider teeth also mean larger motor is needed. Most have a fairly restricted width of up to 20 mm between teeth, which is fine for an annual trim of a typical garden hedge.
Hedge Trimmer Blade Review
Finally you need to consider the quality of the blade. Some blades a standard metal, but the best trimmers have blades that are precision cut with a laser and ground for increased sharpness. So remember – the better the blade the cleaner the cut.
There are two type of blades movement: single and double action blades. Both have a pair of blades but on the double-action models both blades move – in opposite directions to each other. On single-action hedge trimmers one of the blades is stationary while the other moves. Don’t confuse single-action with single-sided. Single-sided means only one side of the blade has teeth. Double-action blades tend to be more effective. The blades are moving in opposite directions so they cancel out most of each other’s vibration. This is a major concern if you’re using it for an extended length of time.
Best Hedge Trimmer Reviews and Advices
There are a number feature to look for that will make cutting hedge easier. When buying a hedge trimmer it does help if you can pick it up, and actually get a feel for it because, they vary in weight and balance. It’s important because most of the process of trimming is in a vertical position. A cutter with multiple positions will allow you to work in the most comfortable position for you. Also consider one with easy reach handles to reach higher without the need of a ladder.
Our experts at Hedge Trimmer Reviews warn than safety is very important when working with power tools. Always read the user manual and wear appropriate safety equipment, like gloves and safety goggles. Hand guard prevents your fingers coming anywhere near the teeth when you’re using the hedge trimmer. A translucent one allows a clear view of the full length of the blade. A blade sheath protects the blade, and your fingers (the cutting teeth are extremely sharp), when carrying or storing the machine. It’s also worth considering a hedge trimmer with the spiral safety cable, and a belt clip to to keep things out of the way.