Our mission at Best Hedge Trimmer Reviews is to help you buy the best hedge cutter for you. Everyone dreams of a happy life in a cozy home. In order to feel great in your house, aside from the interior decisions, it is vital to have a well groomed yard. Arguably the most important element for a garden, are of course, the plants. Maintaining them though, may prove to be challenging and time consuming. Have no fear, best hedge trimmer reviews is here to help!
But in this vast variety, how do we choose the best hedge trimmer on the market for our needs? What type do we need? Petrol or Electric hedge trimmer? Or do we need a cordless one, before anything else? The choice of manufacturers is quite confusing as well. On the market, there are products by renowned brands as Black & Decker, Bosch, Einhell and many more. This is the reason we have tried to put together all of this information in one place. Our goal is to simplify your life and ease you when choosing the best hedge cutter.
Here are hedge trimmer reviews for the four main types:
10 Best Hedge Trimmers on The Market
- Easicut 460 has a knife length of 45 cm and a cutting gap of 16 mm
- Easicut 460 has powerful 450 W rating , Teeth opening -19 mm
- Handle is designed for easy and comfortable trimming of hedges and bushes
- Item Weight: 3.74 Kg
- Powerful 450W motor
- The cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 LI - for mobile and speedy hedge cutting
- Sawing function: Special teeth on the front of the blade effortlessly cut through branches up to 25 mm in diameter
- Blade guard for cutting along walls and paths
- Power for All: One battery pack and one charger for the entire Home and Garden range of tools
- Items included: AHS 50-20 LI, 1 battery pack PBA 18 V 2.5 Ah W-B, AL 1830 CV charger, cardboard box
- Lightweight ergonomic design with soft-grip handle for easy operation and comfortable to use
- Powerful 450 W Bosch motor
- Diamond ground blades for a clean precise cut
- Comes complete with a protective blade cover
- 2 years parts and labour guarantee
- The Universal tools from Bosch, versatile and strong with intelligent solutions for bigger projects
- Ideal for tall and wide hedges
- Work without interruption and achieve clean cuts thanks to the electronic anti-blocking system
- Power for all: One battery pack and one charger for the entire home and garden range of tools
- Items included: UniversalHedgePole 18, 1 battery, AL 1830 CV charger, cardboard box
- ♣【Efficient Cutting】 The 750W motor(900rpm), 610mm dual-action blade can meet your hedge cutting requirements in your garden, diamond milled blade edge makes the hedge cutting easy and efficient
- ♣【Durable Material】The copper wire in the motor can improve the heat dissipation efficiency, which extent the service time of the motor, the laser cut manganese steel blade is hard, sharp and durable
- ♣【Adjustable Handle】The handle is 180°adjustable, providing you with 5 different grip angle. you can change the handle direction according to your cutting requirements, work with more flexibility
- ♣【High Security】The second handle can not provide you with comfortable and easy operation, but also performs as a safety switch, once you unlock the switch, it takes only 0.3s to a complete stop, working with high security
- ♣【Easy Maintenance】Compare to gas machine, the electric hedge trimmer is maintenance-free and has no exhaust gas and fume while working. The eco-friendly hedge trimmer saves a lot of time and money on maintenance
- 34 mm tooth spacing with sawing function enables cutting of branches that do not fit in between the teeth for a more thorough cut
- Ergonomic design for comfortable and easy hedgecutting without tiring arms
- Ergonomic handles with soft grip and see-through hand guard ensures a safe working position and effortless use
- 500W POLE TRIMMER –dual action 45cm laser cut steel blades effortlessly cut through branches and twigs up to 20mm thick to let you carve, trim and shape your hedges with ease
- TELESCOPIC TUBE – extendable from 210 to 274cm, the telescopic aluminium tube with soft grip handle makes sure you can comfortably reach the top of your hedge
- DUAL-SUPPORT HARNESS – for totally controlled trimming, the dual support harness counterbalances the top heavy design, while a 2-stage safety trigger prevents accidental activation
- ADJUSTABLE HEAD – enjoy precise horizontal and vertical cutting from 6 positions using the adjustable head with 90° rotation. Weight: 4.8kg. Dimensions: L210 X W12 X H18cm. Power cable: 10m
- MANUFACTURER 2 YEAR WARRANTY INCLUDED
- Tillable cutting head for ergonomic working
- Blade made of laser-cut and diamond ground steel
- Adjustable, extendable aluminium telescopic handle (50 cm)
- Shoulder strap with quick release, length of telescope bar is 2000 mm - 2500 mm
- Sturdy cutter guard for storage and transportation
- Lightweight at 2.5 kg, ergonomic design
- Powerful 420 W Bosch motor
- Ergonomic design with soft-grip handle
- Diamond ground blades for a clean, precise cut
- Complete with protective blade cover when not in use
- Power: 500 W
- Cable length: 4 m
- Extended reach: 3 m
- Blade length: 48 cm
- A full face in a compact case
It might seem obvious, but the first place to start after reading our hedge trimmer reviews is your garden. Look at your hedge and see how tall it is. How thick are the hedge and branches ?It is an important factor when you choose the best hedge trimmer.
Petrol hedge trimmers are great for the bigger jobs and more frequent use. They don’t have cables and are ideal for large hedges and gardens. Petrol hedge trimmers are good for areas where an electric cable just can’t reach. They are more powerful than their electric-powered equivalents, enabling you to achieve a faster work rate. In other hand they tend to be heavy. It could be tiring to use for long periods. Petrol hedge trimmers are noisy and are creating exhaust fumes.
Electric hedge cutters are very popular choice in the UK, and there is a wide range available. They tend to be lighter, easier to use, and you just need to check the cable extension is long enough to reach.
Battery powered or cordless hedge trimmers combine two key advantages. First is the the benefit of no cable, and second the convenience to not handle any petrol. If you’re interested in a battery powered hedge cutter, it’s worth considering one with a battery pack. The pack can be worn across the body and that reduces the handling weight of the trimmer.
Hedge Trimmer Reviews – Key Factors
One problem you might face is how to cut the top of the hedge. This often means you might have to use a ladder to reach it. To overcome this challenge, look for a trimmer that has a flip-top cutting head and the telescopic pole for extended reach. That will save you a lot of time and a lot of effort.
Once you have decided on the type of power, another important thing when choosing the best hedge trimmer is the blade. There are three key points here:
The first is the length of the blade. Longer blades cut quickly and evenly and are better suited if you’ve got a lot of hedges. They also give you the ability to reach further, trimming higher hedges. The length of a blades can vary from 35cm up to 65cm.
Hedge Trimmer Blade Lenght
|Hedge Trimmer Blade Size||Description|
|16 Inches or Less||These blades work well for small to medium hedges.|
|18 Inches||These blades work well for medium to large hedges.|
|20 Inches or More||These blades work well for large hedges or properties with extensive shrubbery|
Here at hedge trimmer reviews, we point that another key factor is the spacing between the teeth on the blade. This affects the size of the branch you can cut. So trimmers with a wider gap, can cut through thick branches where those with narrower gap are better suited for hedges that are regularly trimmed. Wider teeth also mean larger motor is needed. Most have a fairly restricted width of up to 20 mm between teeth, which is fine for an annual trim of a typical garden hedge.
Hedge Trimmer Blade Review
Finally you need to consider the quality of the blade. Some blades a standard metal, but the best trimmers have blades that are precision cut with a laser and ground for increased sharpness. So remember – the better the blade the cleaner the cut.
There are two type of blades movement: single and double action blades. Both have a pair of blades but on the double-action models both blades move – in opposite directions to each other. On single-action hedge trimmers one of the blades is stationary while the other moves. Don’t confuse single-action with single-sided. Single-sided means only one side of the blade has teeth. Double-action blades tend to be more effective. The blades are moving in opposite directions so they cancel out most of each other’s vibration. This is a major concern if you’re using it for an extended length of time.
Best Hedge Trimmer Reviews and Advices
There are a number feature to look for that will make cutting hedge easier. When buying a hedge trimmer it does help if you can pick it up, and actually get a feel for it because, they vary in weight and balance. It’s important because most of the process of trimming is in a vertical position. A cutter with multiple positions will allow you to work in the most comfortable position for you. Also consider one with easy reach handles to reach higher without the need of a ladder.
Our experts at Hedge Trimmer Reviews warn than safety is very important when working with power tools. Always read the user manual and wear appropriate safety equipment, like gloves and safety goggles. Hand guard prevents your fingers coming anywhere near the teeth when you’re using the hedge trimmer. A translucent one allows a clear view of the full length of the blade. A blade sheath protects the blade, and your fingers (the cutting teeth are extremely sharp), when carrying or storing the machine. It’s also worth considering a hedge trimmer with the spiral safety cable, and a belt clip to to keep things out of the way.