Last Updated on
Our mission at Best Hedge Trimmer Reviews is to help you buy the best hedge cutter for you. Everyone dreams of a happy life in a cozy home. In order to feel great in your house, aside from the interior decisions, it is vital to have a well groomed yard. Arguably the most important element for a garden, are of course, the plants. Maintaining them though, may prove to be challenging and time consuming. Have no fear, best hedge trimmer reviews is here to help!
But in this vast variety, how do we choose the best hedge trimmer on the market for our needs? What type do we need? Petrol or Electric hedge trimmer? Or do we need a cordless one, before anything else? The choice of manufacturers is quite confusing as well. On the market, there are products by renowned brands as Black & Decker, Bosch, Einhell and many more. This is the reason we have tried to put together all of this information in one place. Our goal is to simplify your life and ease you when choosing the best hedge cutter.
Here are hedge trimmer reviews for the four main types:
In addition to the aforementioned hedge trimmers, we are also pay attention to:
- Best Petrol Strimmers (Petrol Grass Trimmers)
- Electric Lawn Mowers
- Best Lawn Scarifiers & Aerators
- Garden Shredders & Chippers
10 Best Hedge Trimmers on The Market
- Lightweight at 2.5 kg, ergonomic design
- Powerful 420 W Bosch motor
- Ergonomic design with soft-grip handle
- Diamond ground blades for a clean, precise cut
- Complete with protective blade cover when not in use
- The cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 LI - for mobile and speedy hedge cutting
- Sawing function: Special teeth on the front of the blade effortlessly cut through branches up to 25 mm in diameter
- Blade guard for cutting along walls and paths
- Power for All: One battery pack and one charger for the entire Home and Garden range of tools
- Items included: AHS 50-20 LI, 1 battery pack PBA 18 V 2.5 Ah W-B, AL 1830 CV charger, cardboard box
- 500W CORDED HEDGE TRIMMER: This NETTA 500W Corded Hedge Trimmer is the ideal tool for getting your garden into shape. Boasting a blade length of 44.5cm and 16mm tooth openings, this hedge trimmer is ideal for tackling small to medium bushes.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND POWERFUL: The 500W motor will provide you with enough power to take on the overgrown bushes and hedges in your garden and the diamond ground blade ensures a neat and clean cut. Weighing just 2.4kg, this handy tool is easy to move around your garden as needed
- SAFE TO USE: This hedge trimmer comes with a two-way safety switch and a hand protective guard to ensure your safety whilst operating. The 6m power cable will give you enough freedom to move around your garden and will reduce the need for overstretching.
- DIMENSIONS: Assembled Size: 74cm x 11cm x 18cm | Carton Size: 75cm x 12cm x 20cm | Carton Weight: 3.5kg
- WARRANTY: We aim to give the best customer service possible. In the unlikely event that this product is at fault, do not worry, as we have you covered with our 365-day warranty. This gives you peace of mind when purchasing a product from us.
- Cordless freedom: lightweight and cable-free, ideal for maintaining smaller hedges.
- Continuous cutting: ‘anti-blocking system’ delivers uninterrupted cutting performance.
- Always ready to use: interchangeable 12 V lithium-ion battery retains its charge so is ready whenever you need it. Battery charge time : 65 mins
- A lightweight and easy to use hedge trimmer with a powerful 550W motor and precision blades for fast cutting action – cuts through 16mm thick branches and twigs
- Ergonomically designed with a soft grip handle for ease of use, the 60cm cutting blade oscillates at a rate of 1700/min for a smooth cut without snagging
- Lightweight at only 3.5kg with a 10m cable, the hedge trimmer also features a two-stage safety trigger to prevent accidental operation and hand protector shield for safe use
- Comes complete with a blade cover and cable holder for neat storage when not in use
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- LONG REACH: This fantastic telescopic hedge trimmer is ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs thanks to the extendable pole providing you with a total extension of 2.75m from handle to head. Also allows you to trim low hedges without having to bend down and strain your back. The Hedge Trimmer electric cuts branches up to 16mm in thickness.
- POWERFUL HIGH PERFORMANCE: At 550W the Electric Hedge Trimmer fantastic for a range of trimming tasks around your garden and outdoors. Lightweight design with new soft grip rubber handles gives complete mobility and comfortable operation. Due to the powerful 550W motor providing you with smooth continuous use. (A great alternative to petrol hedge trimmers).
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEAD: A 120° 4 position pivoting head allows for the easy trimming at the top or bottom of hedges. Weighing at just over 3.5Kg, the lightweight design makes it ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs. Dual action 45cm hardened steel blades with aluminium blade support. The Hedge Cutter Electric comes with a 2 stage safety switch to protect you while using the long reach hedge trimmers.
- EASY SAFE OPERATION: This Long Reach Corded Hedge Trimmer is nice and simple to operate, featuring a one-handed power trigger and safety switch which prevents accidental starting. Electrical Cable 10m. PLUG IN AND GO: Due to the garden tool coming complete with a 10m electric cable with a UK 3 pin plug you can start to trim your bush straight away.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: We offer a 24 month guarantee on our Terratek Electric Corded Hedge Cutter for your added peace of mind. If you feel you would prefer a cordless hedge trimmer please see our other Hedge Cutter listing type the following in the Amazon search bar - B079SG2DXR.
- Utilises a powerful, lightweight integrated battery of 14.4 V with a run time of 60 minutes so you can tackle your hedges with ease
- Features blades that deliver a premium cutting performance with a cutting speed of 2400(c/m)
- Has a 40 cm blade width and 16 mm blade gap ensures a neat and tidy finish to your hedges
- Light in weight at 2.1 kg for user comfort - ensuring you can trim all your garden hedges in comfort
- Cover the garden without the restriction of a power cord, for greater freedom and flexibility
- POWERFUL: Perfect for post-mowing touch ups in tight spaces, the Terratek two-in-one Cordless Hedge Trimmer, Topiary Shears boasts a 7.2 volt long-life lithium-ion battery for hassle-free, cordless operation.
- VERSATILE: Combining two tools into one versatile device, our hand held trimmer cutter feature an interchangeable blade system that easily converts from a grass shear to a hedge trimmer. Both the 3.31-inch grass shear blade and the five-inch hedge trimmer blade are constructed of durable steel for long-lasting wear and reliable performance. Cutting length (for hedge trimmer function): 120 mm. Cutting thickness (for hedge trimmer function): 8 mm, Cutting width (for grass shear function): 80 mm.
- CORDLESS FREEDOM: The new Terratek hedge trimmer is cordless, which makes it easier to handle, simpler to manoeuvre, quicker to use and safer by removing the chance of cutting through a tangled up power cable. Comes with a rechargeable 7.2V 1300 mAh Lithium Ion battery, with a running time of approximately 60 minutes, With a No-load speed: 1000 rpm. Protection against harmful ingress of water: IPX1. Charging time: 3-5 hours.
- TIME SAVING: Designed to cut down gardening time. You can trim grass around ornamental trees, pavers, and flower beds with this trimmer. The grass clipper is one ultimate garden tool that can be used both by professional and novice gardeners.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: We offer a 24 month guarantee on our Terratek cordless Shears hedge topiary trimmer, edging grass strimmer for your added peace of mind.
- The Universal tools from Bosch, versatile and strong with intelligent solutions for bigger projects
- Ideal for tall and wide hedges
- Work without interruption and achieve clean cuts thanks to the electronic anti-blocking system
- Power for all: One battery pack and one charger for the entire home and garden range of tools
- Items included: UniversalHedgePole 18, 1 battery, AL 1830 CV charger, cardboard box
- 1350 strokes per minute
- 15 mm cutting diameter
- Rubberised soft grip provides comfortable and sure grip, stain-free shear blade surface of glittering silver obtained by non-electrolyzed nickel plating
- Anti-vibration structure; five cushions to absorb vibration from blade and motor-crank section
- User-replaceable blade: The blade can be removed without disassembling housing
- Lightweight ergonomic design with soft-grip handle for easy operation
- Powerful 450 W Bosch motor, 50 cm blade and 16 mm tooth capacity
- Diamond ground blades for a clean cut
- Comes complete with a protective blade cover
- 2 years parts and labour guarantee
- ONE BATTERY FITS ALL! Fully Compatible with all other products in the VonHaus 20V Max. Lithium-ion G Range - Hedge Trimmer, Telescopic Hedge Trimmer, Grass Trimmer & Leaf Blower
- Powerful 20V Max. Pole Trimmer with 45cm dual-action laser cut blades for fast cutting action: effortlessly cuts through branches and twigs up to 14mm thick
- Multi-angle head can be set to positions across a -45 - 90° spectrum for precise horizontal and vertical cutting. Telescopic pole extends to 2.44m. Trimmer weighs 3.8kg
- Two-stage safety trigger to prevent accidental operation and hand protector shield for safe use. Features a soft grip handle and shoulder strap for comfortable use
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- Lightweight ergonomic design with soft-grip handle for easy operation and comfortable to use
- Powerful 450 W Bosch motor
- Diamond ground blades for a clean precise cut
- Comes complete with a protective blade cover
- 2 years parts and labour guarantee
- Optimal Balance and Ergonomics - Designed for enhanced comfort and control.
- Diamond-ground Blades - 450 mm long with 15 mm tooth opening
- Lightweight - Minimise strain on the arms and back whilst working at only 2.3 kg
- Anti-Blocking System - To allow powerful and continuous cutting, where other hedgecutters stop working
- 18 V Lithium-ion battery - No self discharge or memory effect
- ☘【Rotatable Grip Handle】 - With the motor shell made from hard-wearing, durable materials in our eye-catching orange and black finish, the innovative adjustable trimmer can be turned in 4 horizontal positions ranging from -90° to +90°
- ☘【Powerful and Light-weight】- This impressive 600W AC Hedge Trimmer features a 55 cm cutting blade measuring 62 cm, with teeth spacing of 20mm for a superior performance, a weight of only 3.3kg –effortlessly cut through hedges, shrubberies and some grass coverings
- ☘【Ergonomic Design】 - The ergonomic D-shaped auxiliary and three-sided rubber coated handle make your grip better in multiple dimensions, easy to start and well balanced. Comfortable grip allows you to trim for a long time without soreness
- ☘【Other Convenient Designs】 - Equipped with blade cover and cable holder, it can be neatly stored when not in use. Translucent safety guard, aluminum shaft reinforcement and blade tip protector provide you with the greatest convenience
- ☘【WARRANTY】 - Quality and customer satisfaction have always been at the core of our brand. In the unlikely event that this product is at fault, do not worry, as we have you covered with our 2 years warranty. Please rest assured to buy products from us
It might seem obvious, but the first place to start after reading our hedge trimmer reviews is your garden. Look at your hedge and see how tall it is. How thick are the hedge and branches ?It is an important factor when you choose the best hedge trimmer.
Petrol hedge trimmers are great for the bigger jobs and more frequent use. They don’t have cables and are ideal for large hedges and gardens. Petrol hedge trimmers are good for areas where an electric cable just can’t reach. They are more powerful than their electric-powered equivalents, enabling you to achieve a faster work rate. In other hand they tend to be heavy. It could be tiring to use for long periods. Petrol hedge trimmers are noisy and are creating exhaust fumes.
Electric hedge cutters are very popular choice in the UK, and there is a wide range available. They tend to be lighter, easier to use, and you just need to check the cable extension is long enough to reach.
Battery powered or cordless hedge trimmers combine two key advantages. First is the the benefit of no cable, and second the convenience to not handle any petrol. If you’re interested in a battery powered hedge cutter, it’s worth considering one with a battery pack. The pack can be worn across the body and that reduces the handling weight of the trimmer.
Hedge Trimmer Reviews – Key Factors
One problem you might face is how to cut the top of the hedge. This often means you might have to use a ladder to reach it. To overcome this challenge, look for a trimmer that has a flip-top cutting head and the telescopic pole for extended reach. That will save you a lot of time and a lot of effort.
Once you have decided on the type of power, another important thing when choosing the best hedge trimmer is the blade. There are three key points here:
The first is the length of the blade. Longer blades cut quickly and evenly and are better suited if you’ve got a lot of hedges. They also give you the ability to reach further, trimming higher hedges. The length of a blades can vary from 35cm up to 65cm.
Hedge Trimmer Blade Lenght
|Hedge Trimmer Blade Size||Description|
|16 Inches or Less||These blades work well for small to medium hedges.|
|18 Inches||These blades work well for medium to large hedges.|
|20 Inches or More||These blades work well for large hedges or properties with extensive shrubbery|
Here at hedge trimmer reviews, we point that another key factor is the spacing between the teeth on the blade. This affects the size of the branch you can cut. So trimmers with a wider gap, can cut through thick branches where those with narrower gap are better suited for hedges that are regularly trimmed. Wider teeth also mean larger motor is needed. Most have a fairly restricted width of up to 20 mm between teeth, which is fine for an annual trim of a typical garden hedge.
Hedge Trimmer Blade Review
Finally you need to consider the quality of the blade. Some blades a standard metal, but the best trimmers have blades that are precision cut with a laser and ground for increased sharpness. So remember – the better the blade the cleaner the cut.
There are two type of blades movement: single and double action blades. Both have a pair of blades but on the double-action models both blades move – in opposite directions to each other. On single-action hedge trimmers one of the blades is stationary while the other moves. Don’t confuse single-action with single-sided. Single-sided means only one side of the blade has teeth. Double-action blades tend to be more effective. The blades are moving in opposite directions so they cancel out most of each other’s vibration. This is a major concern if you’re using it for an extended length of time.
Best Hedge Trimmer Reviews and Advices
There are a number feature to look for that will make cutting hedge easier. When buying a hedge trimmer it does help if you can pick it up, and actually get a feel for it because, they vary in weight and balance. It’s important because most of the process of trimming is in a vertical position. A cutter with multiple positions will allow you to work in the most comfortable position for you. Also consider one with easy reach handles to reach higher without the need of a ladder.
Our experts at Hedge Trimmer Reviews warn than safety is very important when working with power tools. Always read the user manual and wear appropriate safety equipment, like gloves and safety goggles. Hand guard prevents your fingers coming anywhere near the teeth when you’re using the hedge trimmer. A translucent one allows a clear view of the full length of the blade. A blade sheath protects the blade, and your fingers (the cutting teeth are extremely sharp), when carrying or storing the machine. It’s also worth considering a hedge trimmer with the spiral safety cable, and a belt clip to to keep things out of the way.