Last Updated on
So, spring’s finally here! It’s green and fresh, everything is flourishing, hedges are growing. Speaking of which it is time to prepare for the unavoidable work that comes with the start of the warmer months. We love nothing more than well-kept welcoming places to rest and drink our afternoon tea in, right? Well, then it’s time to gear up with one (or why not more) of the top 10 best cordless hedge trimmers uk for 2020 we have listed for you.
Why cordless, I hear you ask? Because they are simply better, that’s why. Let me elaborate. Cordless hedge trimmers are undeniably more comfortable to work with due to the lack of…. well, cord. No worries about finding power sockets around and no needless frustrations over cut cord by accident. By the way, this did happen to me- trust me- it’s no fun. I wasted so much time while fixing it. If I had a cordless trimmer at the time it would make my work so much easier.
Furthermore, the cordless hedge trimmers are lighter than most of the other options on the market. Yes petrol hedge trimmers, I’m looking at you. That is why they are easier to handle. The lighter the trimmer the easier to manoeuvre. This means that you would be able to work in hard to reach spaces with minimum effort. If you have neighbours you wouldn’t like to bother, no worries- the cordless (battery) hedge trimmers are much quieter than the noisy petrol ones, which is yet another advantage they offer.
No matter if you have a large garden or a small space to maintain or if you are a professional landscaper, we think that you’ll find what you’re looking for amongst our top 10 picks for 2020. Now let’s get into it.
Best Cordless Hedge Trimmers UK Advantages
Why cordless, I hear you ask? Because they are simply better, that’s why. Let me elaborate. Cordless hedge trimmers are undeniably more comfortable to work with due to the lack of…. well, cord. No worries about finding power sockets around and no needless frustrations over cut cord by accident. By the way, this did happen to me- trust me- it’s no fun. I wasted so much time while having it fixed. If I had a cordless trimmer at the time it would make my work so much easier, with no unnecessary complications.
Furthermore, in our cordless hedge trimmers reviews uk you will see that these machiens are lighter than most of the other options on the market. Yes, petrol hedge trimmers, I’m looking at you. This means that they are easier to handle. The lighter the trimmer the easier to manoeuvre. This enables you to work in hard to reach spaces with minimum effort. If you have neighbours you wouldn’t like to bother, you don’t have to worry. The cordless (electric) hedge trimmers are much quieter than the noisy petrol ones, which is yet another advantage they offer.
No matter if you have a large garden or a small space to maintain or if you are a professional landscaper, we believe that you’ll find what you’re looking for amongst our top 10 picks for 2020. Now let’s get into it.
Bosch AHS 50-20 LI – Best Cordless Hedge Cutter Uk
- The cordless hedge trimmer AHS 50-20 LI - for mobile and speedy hedge cutting
- Sawing function: Special teeth on the front of the blade effortlessly cut through branches up to 25 mm in diameter
- Blade guard for cutting along walls and paths, Maximum sqm per battery charge: 200 sqm
- Power for All: One battery pack and one charger for the entire Home and Garden range of tools
- Items included: AHS 50-20 LI, 1 battery pack PBA 18 V 2.5 Ah W-B, AL 1830 CV charger, cardboard box
The first hedge trimmer in our list of top 10 best cordless hedge trimmers uk is the Bosch Cordless Hedge Trimmer AHS 50-20 LI. Bosch are famous for their quality tools and spotless performance. This hedge trimmer is a great example of compact, light and handy tool for shaping the hedges in your garden. With a weight of 2.5 kg and perfect balance, you can easily finish the job with minimum effort.
Its diamond ground blade provides clean and precise cuts of branches up to 25 mm in diameter. So, this means that you’d have no issues in cutting medium to large branches with one swipe. This tool comes with an additional protector of the blade tip for safer cutting along the edges or walls. It comes with a powerful 18 V lithium-ion battery for a run time of up to 160 m² per battery charge which means that you probably wouldn’t need a recharge in order to finish your work.
Additional Comfort with Bosch Hedge Trimmers
Another good thing about the battery is that it works with any DIY and garden tools in the 18-volt Power4All cordless system, making your Bosch garden tools even more versatile. Cable-free and powerful, this tool is one of the best cordless hedge trimmers for this year, which can make a daunting work a breeze. The Anti-blocking system integrated into this hedge trimmer prevents annoying jams and stalls which makes for a smoother work process.
We don’t think that it is necessary to mention reliability here. This is Bosch and they have proven themselves over the years with reliable tools that can take on loads of work. With its outstanding cutting performance and easy handling in every position, this tool is definitely great for professional landscapers as well as occasional use for work around the house. Check it out it will definitely not disappoint.
Makita DUH523Z LXT – Top 20 Cordless Hedge Cutter Uk 2020
- 1350 strokes per minute
- 15 mm cutting diameter
- Rubberised soft grip provides comfortable and sure grip, stain-free shear blade surface of glittering silver obtained by non-electrolyzed nickel plating
- Anti-vibration structure; five cushions to absorb vibration from blade and motor-crank section
- User-replaceable blade: The blade can be removed without disassembling housing
The next item in out top cordless hedge trimmer reviews 2020 is Makita DUH523Z LXT.
Makita is another brand, you’re probably not surprised to see amongst our best picks for this year. Their electrical tools are known for elegance, reliability and long life. Keeping up with the expectations, Makita DUH523Z Cordless LXT Lithium-Ion Hedge Trimmer will serve you for a long time.
With the impressive 1350 strokes per minute, you are sure to have clean cuts and no annoying stalls. The blade has a stain-free surface of glittering silver, obtain by non-electrolyzed nickel planting, which makes for longer life. It also has a 15 mm cutting diameter which makes it suitable for cutting thin to medium branches.
What is more, the blade is easily replaceable without the need to disassemble the housing. The rubberised soft grip provides comfort and easy manoeuvring in even hard-to-reach spaces, which saves a lot of headaches. The anti-vibration structure is another great perk of this tool. It has five cushions which absorb the vibrations from the blade and the motor-crank sections, so you could work longer without the vibration-induced fatigue.
Makita – When Design Meets Safety
The Makita DUH523Z is designed with the safety of the user in mind. It is equipped with a two-handed operation switch, which allows the motor to be activated only when the switch and top handle are engaged.
This best cordless hedge cutter has 18 volts battery and a warning lamp. So, it blinks when the power has been nearly used up and shines solid red when the battery power has been used up. It has a battery protector that will shut the power off before it’s drained completely. This way you won’t find yourself searching to buy a new battery with your work only half done.
There are a lot more to say about this handy tool, but I think you got the idea. Makita DUH523Z Cordless LXT Lithium-Ion Hedge trimmer is definitely worth checking out and its reliability and effectiveness will leave a lot of branches in half.
Ryobi ONE+ 18V OPT1845 – Top Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review
- Easily cuts through hedges and branches
- 45cm diamond ground blades for clean cutting
- Capable of cutting large branches with 18mm blade gap
- 115 degrees articulating cutting head with 4 positions for versatile trimming
- Removable extension shaft for full length of 2.9m for extended reach tasks
The Ryobi One+ 18v is in out best cordless hedge trimmers reviews for a reason.
Ryobi is a well-known brand, famous for their regard for DIY lovers when creating tools. It specialises in making great tools, which are comfortable, easy to use and affordable. Ryobi ONE+ 18 OPT 1845 deserves its place amongst the top 10 cordless hedge trimmers for 2020 and here’s the proof.
We will begin with the fact that the trimmer has a 45 cm diamond ground blade. This ensures clean cutting with less effort. This maximizes your productivity and cuts the time you spend on the task at hand. It easily cuts through hedges and branches (even large ones) with its 18 mm blade gap.
Let me ask a quick question. Have you ever been in a situation where you need to cut some hedges, but they are way too high for you to reach? And what do we all do when in this situation? We just take a ladder, climb on it with the trimmer and hope we won’t lose balance. Well, with this hedge trimmer, this won’t be a problem anymore. If you have high hedges or if you have some unreachable places in your garden that need your attention, this tool won’t let you down.
Cordless & Extendable
With its removable extension shaft of 2.9 meters, you won’t have trouble reaching high and working as effectively as you do usually on your comfortable height. What is more, it is equipped with 115 degrees articulating cutting head with 4 positions. With this perk, you adjust the tool to your preferences and not vice versa.
The battery of this tool will allow working for up to an hour while doing demanding work. The battery comes with onboard fuel gauges that indicate the charge level. This means that you can easily track how much power you have left and plan your work accordingly. Ryobi ONE+ is recommended by millions of homeowners and gardeners and if you need a flexible and reliable tool, do check it out.
DEWALT DCM563PB-GB 18 V XR – Top Cordless Hedge Trimmer UK 2020 Review
- 55cm dual-action laser-cut blades with 19mm cutting gap and hardened steel for longer life and lasting sharpness
- Extended runtime: up to 75min trimming per charge on a 5.0Ah battery (not included)
- Wrap around aux handle for a comfortable grip in multiple orientations
- Xenoy TM housing for excellent durability and impact resistance
- Compact and lightweight design for less user fatigue whilst trimming
Created in 1923 by Raymond E. DeWalt, this company has stayed on top ever since. Famous for its practical and high-quality tools it has been one of the preferred brands amongst professionals. No surprise here that their DEWALT DCM563PB-GB 18 V XR hedge Trimmer made it to our list of top 10 cordless hedge trimmers of 2020.
Its dual-action laser-cut blades with hardened steel ensure a longer life for the blade and lasting sharpness. With a length of 55 cm, you can cut thin to large branches easily. The 19 mm cutting gap ensures no leftovers and clean cuts. What is more, it has an extended runtime of up to 75 minutes per charge with a 5.0 Ah battery, which is an excellent performance and ensures fewer pauses for charging. The design of the tool is created for better user experience.
Compact and lightweight, The DeWalt DCM563PB-GB 18 V XR hedge trimmer causes less fatigue whilst trimming and has excellent durability and impact resistance thanks to its Xenoy TM housing. Moreover, the balanced weight distribution between the blade and the handle ensures a sense of security and control over the tool, especially on vertical cutting lines.
Comfortable and Reliable Trimming
Another perk of this tool is the wrap-around aux handle. It gives a nice and comfortable grip in different positions, so you can reach even the most awkward hedges. This comfortable and easy to use hedge trimmer guarantees excellent and reliable cordless operation whilst lasting longer than other brands of hedge trimmers. The DEWALT DCM563PB-GB 18 V XR Cordless Hedge Trimmer is a highly praised gardening tool from professional landscapers. It’s equipped with great features and it is created for a great user experience and lots of work done.
On top of everything we’ve just talked about in this best cordless hedge trimmer review, it comes at a great price as well. Efficient, durable, easy to operate with and reasonably priced, I think it definitely deserves your attention.
Terratek Long Reach Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer – #5 Best Battery Hedge Trimmer Reviews Uk
- LONG REACH: This fantastic telescopic hedge trimmer is ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs thanks to the 1.3m extendable pole providing you with a total extension of 2.4m from handle to head. Also allows you to trim low hedges without having to bend down and strain your back. The Hedge Trimmer electric cordless hedge trimmers with battery and charger cuts branches up to 14mm in thickness.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: The Terratek pole hedge trimmer has a high performance 20V motor which allows you to tackle any hedge with ease, without any struggling or straining. The Powered by a Lithium-ion battery, it delivers up to 45 minutes run-time from one single charge. Charge time 1hrs (A great alternative to a petrol hedge trimmers).
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEAD: A 120° 5 position pivoting head allows for the easy trimming at the top or bottom of hedges. LIGHTWEIGHT - Weighing at just under 3.5kg, the lightweight design makes it ideal for clipping tall, awkwardly-sited or hard-to-reach hedges and shrubs. Dual action 45cm in length hardened steel blades with aluminium blade support. EXTRA SAFE - The Hedge trimmer cordless comes with a 2 stage safety switch to protect you while using the long reach hedge trimmers.
- EASY SAFE OPERATION: This Long Reach Cordless Hedge Trimmer is nice and simple to operate, featuring a one-handed power trigger and safety switch which prevents accidental starting. The Cordless Hedge Cutter is easily portable around the garden, there are no cables for you to cut through or restrict your movement making it one of the best portable garden tools on the market.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: We offer a 24 month guarantee on our Terratek Hedge timmers cordless for your added peace of mind.
Next in our list of top 10 best cordless hedge trimmers reviews for 2020 is Terratek Long Reach Cordless Hedge trimmer. Terratek is a great choice for homeowners, as well as professional landscapers. This telescopic hedge trimmer is created to make your life easier. With 1.3m extendable pole, which provides a total length of 2.4m from handle to head, this cordless hedge trimmer could be your new best friend. If you have awkwardly positioned tall branches or hard to reach places in your garden you can forget about the unstable and hazardous ladders.
Talking about safety, this long-reach cordless hedge trimmer is easy to handle and has a one-handed power trigger and safety switch, which prevents you from accidentally starting the machine. It comes with a two-stage safety switch to protect you while using the long reach telescopic handle. It is easily portable since there it has no cables to restrict your movement and it is one of the most recommended cordless hedge trimmers on the market at the moment. To add to that, it is quite light.
Lighweight with Great Performance
With weight a little under 3.5kg, you can easily move it around or lift it up in order to cut tall or hard to reach hedges and shrubs. The dual-action blade is made of hardened steel with aluminium blade support, for long-lasting sharpness and one-swing clean cuts. The adjustable cutting head (120° 5 positions pivoting head) allows you to trim easily at the top or the bottom of the hedges. It allows more flexibility and movements while working. Let’s talk a little bit about performance.
The Terratek cordless hedge trimmer has a high-performance thanks to the 18/20V Max motor, which makes for easy and effective cutting. It is powered by a Lithium-ion battery and delivers up to 45 minutes run-time from charge to charge. The charge time is between 3 and 5 hours. This one is a great alternative to a petrol hedge trimmer, only lighter, more flexible and safer. You should definitely check it out.
BLACK & DECKER GTC36552PC-GB
- 55 cm hardened steal dual action blade that delivers 1300 strokes per minute for quick and smooth cut through the branch
- 22 mm blade gap ideal when cutting medium to larger hedges
- Anti-jam technology allowing you to clear a jam easily without damage to the blade or hedge: Simply press the button to clear the jam and you can continue with the job
- Bale handle design for a better balance between the blade and handle as well as security, especially on a vertical cutting line
- This tool comes with 36 V 2.0 Ah lithium ion battery
Admit it, you expected to see Black+Decker in this list. And that is not without reason. They started out as a small shop in 1910, in New Britain, Connecticut. Today this small shop has turned into one of the best manufacturers of tools and equipment in the world. And fun fact: Black+Decker are the first ones to build the world’s first cordless hedge trimmer. They never cease to amaze us to this day, providing quality tools and reliability.
The BLACK+DECKER GTC36552PC-GB hedge trimmer is one of their best cordless hedge trimmers for 2020. It has a 55cm dual-action blade made of hardened steel, which ensures longer life of the blade and smooth work for a long time. This blade delivers 1300 strokes per minute. This means quick and smooth cuts through the branches and bushes, saving you time and effort. The 22mm blade gap makes the tool suitable to cut medium to large hedges. This saves you the hustle of looking for a different tool if you stumble upon a larger branch. We all know the struggle and the inconvenience this presents.
Another perk of this cordless hedge trimmer is the anti-jam technology. It allows you to clear a jam easily by simply pressing one button. No damage to the blade, no unnecessary struggle, you just clear the jam and move on with your work.
This tool is equipped with a bale handle design for a better balance between the blade and the handle. This provides security and lets you cut safely even on a vertical cutting line if you need to. The battery of this cordless hedge trimmer is 36 V 2.0 Ah. If you’re looking for quality and reliability in a tool- look no more. Maybe you just found it.
Bosch Advanced Hedge Cut 36 – #7 Best Cordless Hedge Trimmer Reviews Uk 2020
- Cordless Freedom - no more having to untangle the cable or risking cutting through it.
- Anti-Blocking System - where other hedge cutters stall, Bosch lithium-ion hedge cutters ensure a continuous cut.
- Lightweight - weighing only 3. 5kg it minimizes strain on the arms and back whilst working.
- Always Ready to Use - fully charged in only 45 minutes and 80% charged in 25 minutes.
This is another brand that appears for a second time on our list- Bosch. They are strong players on the market and they’ve proven their worth over and over again with great tools, suitable for professionals, as well as DIY lovers. Facts are facts- you can’t go wrong with Bosch.
This cordless hedge trimmer is a pure example of that. With 54cm blade length and 20 mm tooth opening, this hedge trimmer will cut through any hedge you throw against it. Count on smooth and easy cuts, a job well done and great results. Whether you want to shape the hedges in your backyard, or you are a professional, you can count on this tool. Besides the advantage of not having a cord to untangle, which we mention quite a lot in this list (because it is important), there are a lot of other perks to this tool.
First of all, it is really lightweight. It weighs only 3.5kg, which means that you can move around easily and you can cut through even awkwardly positioned branches with less effort. Your back and arms will be grateful to you at the end of the day.
Bosch Anti-Blocking System
This cordless hedge trimmer has anti-blocking system es well. No more stalling. Where other hedge trimmers stall, Bosch continues. On top of that, the 36 V lithium-ion battery of this hedge trimmers charges really fast. It takes only 45 minutes for a full charge. If you’re in a hurry, it reaches 80% for 25 minutes, which is quite useful sometimes and it’s a great advantage. This always ready to use hedge trimmer will definitely help you with your work, saving you lots of time and energy. Don’t hesitate to click the photo or the link below and check it out.
Terratek Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer
- POWERFUL: 20V Max 1500mAh Cordless Hedge Trimmer with 51cm long length cutting blade which can cut through twigs and branches up to 15mm thick making this a great addition to your garden tool range. Running at 1100rpm the Hedge trimmer electric enables you to tackle your out of control hedge with ease.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing in at only 2.5kg with an ergonomic design for comfortable and easy hedge cutting our electric hedge trimmer enables you to cut in any position with minimal effort. 1 Hr FAST Charge.
- CORDLESS FREEDOM: The new Terratek hedge trimmer is cordless, which makes it easier to handle, simpler to manoeuvre, quicker to use and safer by removing the chance of cutting through a tangled up power cable. The cordless Hedge Trimmer comes complete with a1 charger & 1 battery.
- SAFETY: Fitted with an integrated hand safety guard this cordless trimmer also uses a 2 stage safety start trigger system. The trimmer also stops immediately when you let go of the trigger, meaning if dropped the machine stops instantly!.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: We offer a 24 month guarantee on our Terratek cordless hedge trimmer for your added peace of mind.
This hedge trimmer is another representative of Terratek. Since the ratio between price and quality is very good with this brand, we are not surprised that they make our list twice.
The Terratek Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer has a lot of advantages. You won’t have to worry about cutting through the cord and you don’t have to look for power sockets outside the house. Besides that, this cordless hedge trimmer is lightweight, powerful and safe.
The Terratek Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer offers great performance. With 18/20 Max motor and 51cm long cutting blade, you can cut through branches up to 15mm thick making this hedge trimmer a must-have. It peaks at 20V from a fresh charge and the battery stabilizes to 20V for continuous use. The hedge trimmer enables you to cut and shape your hedges with ease while running at 1100rpm. This tool is not only powerful but surprisingly light as well. It weighs only 2.5kg which makes it quite manoeuvring and easy to handle. The ergonomic design only adds to your comfort and effectiveness, allowing you to trim in any position without breaking a sweat.
Terratek High Productivity
Terratek think about productivity as well as user safety. This tool has an integrated hand safety guard, as well as a two-stage safety start trigger system. The hedge trimmer stops immediately when you let go of the trigger. So if you move around or if you drop the machine by accident, it will stop right away and you will avoid any injuries and unpleasant situations.
This cordless hedge trimmer is suitable for professional landscapers, as well as people who just love gardening and want to have a nice and presentable place for barbecues in the upcoming summer.
Bosch UniversalHedgePole 18 – #9 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- The Universal tools from Bosch, versatile and strong with intelligent solutions for bigger projects
- Ideal for tall and wide hedges
- Work without interruption and achieve clean cuts thanks to the electronic anti-blocking system
- Power for all: One battery pack and one charger for the entire home and garden range of tools
- Items included: UniversalHedgePole 18, 1 battery, AL 1830 CV charger, cardboard box
This is another telescopic solution in our list of Top 10 cordless hedge trimmer reviews for 2020. Here is to all the lovers of tall hedges and beautiful gardens- Bosch Cordless Telescopic Hedge Trimmer UniversalHedgePole 18. This cordless hedge trimmer is the perfect solution if you have a variety of hedges in your garden or if you are a professional that never knows what they will stumble upon. With a height-adjustable telescopic pole up to 2.6 m, you will surely forget about ladders and you’d reach even higher with no trouble.
This tool is equipped with an anti-blocking system which ensures no interruptions and continuous cutting performance. It weighs only 3.6kg and is optimally balanced, so it is easy to handle and to manoeuvre while working. This comes in handy particularly when you use the telescopic handle. This tool is powered by an 18 V Lithium-ion battery, which provides up to 2.5 hours of continuous and demanding work.
Bosch Battery & Blade Review
What is even better is that you can use the battery on multiple Bosch tools around your house. Since it is universal it fits all of their battery-powered machines of the 18 V range. Which is also quite convenient when it comes to charging. We’ve all lost a charger or two in our lives, and not only phone ones. You can charge all your tools with the AL 1830 CV charger, that comes with this tool. If that’s not a great advantage, I don’t know what is.
The 43-cm blade length ensures clean cuts and a great performance. Bosch is one of the most recommended brands when it comes to hedge trimmers and garden equipment. Their high-quality products will surely get the job done in no time. What is more, they will be at your service for a long time. You can check it out and see if this tool has all you look for in a hedge trimmer uk.
Greenworks Tools 61cm (24”) 40V Lithium-Ion Battery Hedge Trimmer
- High Performance G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging
- 61cm (24'') dual action steel blade for optimal performance, aluminum rail & cover included for safe storage and transportation
- Innovative 180 degree rotating rear handle to provide easy trimming at multiple angles with wrap around handle for user comfort
- 20mm (2/3'') cutting capacity gets through all your bushes and hedges with greater performance
- Battery and charger is not included (Compatible with Greenworks G-MAX batteries 29717 and 29727)
The last, but definitely not least hedge trimmer in our list of Top 10 best cordless hedge trimmer uk for 2020 is Greenworks Tools Cordless Battery Hedge Trimmer. The Greenworks Tools brand is on the market since 2007 and engages in lithium-ion technology and outdoor power equipment. By 2016 they get Stihl- another leader on the market, to invest in their company and to create a cooperative partnership in the battery-powered industry.
The company has built a name for itself quite fast and with reason. They focus on battery-powered tools and thus manufacture some of the best cordless hedge trimmers on the market. This one is not an exception.
With 61cm dual-action steel blade, this tools ensures clean cuts of branches up to 20mm in diameter, with no exception. It’s equipped with aluminium rail and cover for safe storage and transportation. This comes in handy if you are a professional gardener or landscaper who changes location a lot. The 180-degree rotating rear handle helps you trim at multiple angles and reach otherwise unreachable and awkwardly positioned branches. The wrap-around handle ensures comfort when using the hedge trimmer and a tighter grip for easier work process.
This hedge trimmer has also a high-performance G-MAH 40V Lithium-Ion Battery which delivers fade-free power and ensures long periods of demanding work between the charges. Even with this powerful battery, the tool is still relatively light. 3.8kg definitely still fits the lightweight category, which means that it is easy to handle and so you would be able to work longer time before getting tired. This tool is easy to move around and convenient to work with. If you would like to have a powerful battery, a sharp long blade at your disposal and a reliable brand behind it, this is the tool for you.