Last Updated on
Electric hedge trimmers have already made it easy for people to trim their hedges in a quick and efficient manner. A hedge trimmer like the Black & Decker GSL700 Cordless Hedge Trimmer offers an even higher level of convenience. The long cord that tends to come in the way in case of regular electric hedge trimmers is done away with.
- Brand :- BLACK AND DECKER
- Product Code : GSL700
- Battery Voltage: 7 Volt
- Charge time: Overnight
- Runtime: 60 mins
The Black & Decker GSL700 Cordless Hedge Trimmer is a unique product. It is a combination of two garden maintenance tools- a hedge trimmer and a shrubber. This means that you can trim hedges as well as the lawn with this equipment. It allows to trim your garden completely with a single hand. Its amazing features make it the best cordless hedge trimmer at present.
Features of Black & Decker GSL700 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
- The seven V-shears along with the shrubbers act as two-tools-in-one. You do not need to buy separate tools for these tasks.
- There is a charger and a docking station which make recharging easy.
- The non-slip rubber handle is a part of the ergonomic design. It offers maximum grip and comfort and makes it easy to move the equipment while trimming.
- There are two attachments provided in the form of cutting blades for hedges and lawns. These blades are interchangeable and easy to fix according to the requirement. The length of the blades is 10 cm and they have a cutting width of 9mm.
- The Black & Decker GSL700 Cordless Hedge Trimmer comes with a high performance battery made of Lithium Ion. It has an output of 7 volts. This ensures that 80% of the battery is retained even after the hedge trimmer lies idle for more than ninety days.
- The dimensions of the product are 32 x 15.3 x 15.3 cm. This is a great feature as you can easily manoeuvre the trimmer along curved sections and corners. It gives you the chance to trim the hedge or lawn in a unique pattern.
Pros of the Black & Decker GSL700 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
The Black & Decker GSL700 Cordless Hedge Trimmer weighs just 1.7 Kg which is considerably lighter compared to other hedge trimmers. Its light weight increases its portability. You can easily switch over from lawn trimming to hedge trimming without experiencing any discomfort. In case of complicated hedge trimming tasks, this trimmer can be used for a long stretches of time without pain in the wrist.
All you need to do is to hold on to the cylindrical handle of the trimmer to get the job done. The non-slip handle ensures a tight grip and allows you to move the trimmer in any direction you want. The biggest advantage of the Black & Decker GSL700 Cordless Hedge Trimmer is the absence of the cord. With the removal of the cord, there is no limitation to the usage of this tool. You can carry it anywhere and reach out to difficult corners with this trimmer.
This cordless trimmer comes with double blades which are hardened. They remain sharp for a long time even after regular use. This means that you can get clean cuts on hedges, bushes and grass consistently. The serrated edges of the blades make trimming hassle-free and quick. You get clean results within a short time with minimal effort. It gives you the chance to shape the hedges in any attractive design to make enhance the image of your garden.
Excellent battery life
The 7V Lithium-Ion battery is tested for moisture to prevent short-circuit. Durability is guaranteed with vibration and drop tests. There are certain electronics inside the battery package which shield it against overcharging. There is no danger of self discharge in case of extreme temperatures of the battery. These batteries are smaller in size and lighter as well than the conventional batteries.
The discharge rate is very slow when the Black & Decker GSL700 Cordless Hedge Trimmer is kept idle for more than 3 months. There is no memory effect with Lithium-Ion batteries. This means that you can recharge them even if some battery is left without losing the remaining charge. The batteries work in any temperature. They are recyclable and hence, eco-friendly. Upto 60 box hedges can be trimmed after recharging the battery once.
Cons of the Black & Decker GSL700 Cordless Hedge Trimmer
This small and compact cordless hedge trimmer is an excellent choice for homeowners. It is a practical tool for garden maintenance. However, like any other piece of machinery, it comes with a few minor flaws.
- Takes a while to get completely charged.
- It is not suitable for overgrown hedges because it does not have the capacity to cut through them.
- Large sections of hedges cannot be worked on with this trimmer because the battery cannot last that long.
- It is meant for smaller sections or hedges which just need a cosmetic touchup to maintain their shape.
- There is no lock down option for the start button. It needs to be kept constantly pressed to make the tool work.
- It works well on the bushes but requires more effort in case of hedges.
Despite these areas for improvement, the Black & Decker GSL700 Cordless Hedge Trimmer remains a versatile and unique tool. It provides excellent performance at the best price. Meant specifically for regular and light maintenance of the hedges and the lawn, this product really delivers. Its lightweight and sturdy design make it a wise investment.
If you maintain your garden properly and just require a tool for to reshape the hedges from time to time, this hedge trimmer is perfect for you. It does what it says on the packaging. This clipper is the best cordless hedge trimmer in the market with its smart design and efficient results. Go for this power-packed compact garden maintenance tool to make your life hassle-free.